All of the following ingredients can be found in our stores.
- 1 package dried corn husks
- toppings of choice (guacamole, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, salsa, cilantro)
- 3 cups of your filling of choice (cheese, chicken, beans etc)
- 6 cups masa de harina
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of salsa
Submerge the corn husks in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes. Place another bowl on top so that the corn husks so that they stay under water.
While the corn husks are soaking, it’s time to make the masa. Mix together the baking powder. chili powder, cumin and masa de harina. Add oil and mix it while gradually adding the chicken stock. Once all of it is added, start mixing it in medium-high speed for about 7 minutes until it is fluffy and light.
Now it’s time to assemble the tamales. Get your filling and salsa and mix them together. Place 1/4 cup of your masa in corn husk. Spread it enough so that you can line 1-2 tablespoons of your filling. Wrap the corn husk around.